Wacky Weekdays
Episode 9
I think I earned the Mother of the Year award today! So we had a little extra time at the mall after having Hannah's pictures taken, so we decided to look for the kids play place (we were at a mall with which I'm not very familiar). I usually try to find an elevator because I have both girls in the double stroller so the escalator is not a good idea with how heavy the stroller is with both of them in it. Well, Abby was walking beside me and she loves to go up the escalator. I always tell her no unless Daddy is with us, but she has gone up so many times now and has proven to be capable and confident. So, we gave it a shot.
I thought about whether I should go first with the stroller or let her go ahead of me, and I decided that if I went first, I would be available to hold her hand getting on and off if necessary. So, I hopped on. Unfortunately, Abigail was too many steps behind me and she started getting nervous as she tried to get on. She managed to get onto the escalator, but she was moving too quickly so she slipped. And every time a new step popped up, it would knock her down. Her timing was incredibly imperfect! So, she bounced around the bottom portion of the escalator trying to stand up and getting knocked down each time. This happened five or six times as I watched helplessly with the double stroller in hand until God sent us an angel in the form of a nice gentleman (who said he's found himself in the same dumb situation) to sweep her up and hold her the rest of the way. Boy did I ever feel like the worst mom ever!

2 comments:
oh my...but it is a pretty funny story... :-) thanks for sharing...we all have those moments! that's for sure.
You have the most hilarious stories...but, I'm glad someone came to Abigail's rescue, and yours, too!
Do you have recent pics of Hannah? Haven't seen any of her in a while and I'm sure she is just growing!! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment